Friday, 29 March 2013
Thursday, 28 March 2013
Have some fun with the sounds of English!
Enter this fantastic site, where you'll find lots of activities to improve your pronunciation:
Imagine you want to practise the sh sound. These are some of the activities that you can find:
Give it a try!
Monday, 18 March 2013
Sunday, 17 March 2013
Try this game out and see how many words you can find. I bet you won't be able to stop!
This is the link you need:
You can see an image of the game here:
Sunday, 10 March 2013
Watch this video and try to answer the questions below:
- How many people are talking? Who are they: friends, family, etc?
- Where are they from? How can you tell?
- Why are they worried?
- What is a natural disaster?
- What is an earthquake?
- Is it dangerous?
- What is a crack?
- Can you guess the meaning of collapse?
- What is a flood?
- Can you tell two different meanings for the word bank?
- What is the name of the natural disaster that happens when there is no rainfall?
- Have you ever seen a storm? What happens when there is one?
- What is a tsunami?
- Can you mention any other natural disasters?
- What should you do if one strikes near you?
Saturday, 9 March 2013
Saturday, 2 March 2013
Watch this video and answer the following questions:
- Look at the man: do you think he lives in our times? Why / Why not?
- Who can the man be? Can you guess? Pay attention to the clues.
- What is he doing at the beginning of the video? Where is he?
- What falls on his head?
- What does he do then? Is he angry?
- What do you think he is writing?
- Why does he run? Is he afraid?
- What is his wonderful idea? Was he successful with it?
- But he has a second idea, even better this time! What is it? How does it occur to him?
Oh, no! Poor guy...
Now that you know his name, find out why he is well-known and all the details you can share with your classmates.